Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am back in Florida for the winter. Don will arrive before the end of the month, but unfortunatley he will miss Turkey Day.









American Thanksgiving is a big thing here, bigger than Christmas as far as the food goes. I got my turkey yesterday, 49 cents/lb at Sweetbay for a Jenni-O with a pop up that will tell me when its done. Cannot get any better than that. I will not be doing Thanksgiving dinner as we have it at the Rec. Hall every year. Since Don will not be here I volunteered to serve and do dishes. I will get to eat, and first dibs on pie as I get to cut it. There is a method to my madness. The big decision is which kind???pecan, pumpkin or apple, hmmmmm I will lose sleep over this I am sure.

I am keeping my turkey for Christmas. I have invited 2 other couples and a single lady to join us for Christmas dinner. Since I can't be sure of the weather I can't count on being able to eat outside so I am restricted to 7 chairs, 8 maximum. I may find another person that has no family or spouse around. 22 lbs should be big enough, but I just might do a ham to be on the safe side.


Diane and I have been at the beach a couple of times this week and the pool every day since we arrived. The weather has been so perfect I must have lived a good life to be so blessed. My daughter will be going home Saturday and I will miss her company. However, I have lots to keep me busy. I will start back to Shapes Aqua Fit on Monday and get started on my Christmas decorations. I would like to have everything done but the lights when Don arrives. He has to help with those or I'd do them too. Dec 1, the lights go on. I love decorating for the holidays!


I will do a post when Don gets here and we are ready for the Holdiays. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.









No comments: