Friday, October 16, 2009

2010 Will be a Very Good Year








Don and I are going on a cruise to Alaska on the 6th of June!


It has taken a long time to get him to come around but he has finally agreed to go. It will correspond fairly close to our 20th Anniversary so that will be our gift to each other. It is a once in a lifetime trip for us . We will be sharing it, as dear friends Lois and Bill are taking the same cruise and we have cabins next to each other. If you follow the link and take a tour of the ship. Our cabin is 9121 amidship, with a veranda. Don said we may as well go all the way, as it is the only one he plans on taking.


The summer has gone by so quickly I don't know what we did with ourselves since I last blogged. Other than the usual aches and pains and some allergies and normal stuff we are both doing well. I just tured 60 and plan on spending my CPP on fun, frivolity and travel. I worked hard for years to get it I am going to enjoy it while I can.




Thanksgiving and my 60th Birthday were all combined this year as well as my son Mike's 40th birthday. Being with family made me truly thankful for all I have.




Don, Mike, Zachary, and Rick




Diane, Me and Angela


My garden this year did very well. I had a bumper crop of tomatoes and froze, canned and gave away lots and they are still ripening some on the vine and some on the patio table. We are still aways from the frost coming, but I will keep an eye on the weather.

I go tomorrow with a Red Hat group of ladies over to Frankenmuth, Michigan to enjoy the Christmas Bavarian theme, shopping and a family style Chicken dinner. The picture here is Dinner in Frankenmuth Oct, 2008.



It is an annual trip we take but we make it home the same day so I won't go overboard as you can only do so much on a one day trip. I am saving myself for Black Friday in Florida. Diane will have gone home already and Don does not fly in til the next day. It will be shop til I drop day!


I may not get another one of these written up til I get to Florida (I leave Nove 13) but just remember my friends I think of you all often.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of these fine years I'm going to plan a trip east so I can do the Frankenmuth trip again - we can make it a 3 amigos reunion trip.