Thursday, April 26, 2007


Yesterday I had lunch with The Red Hat Group that I belong to. We are called The Heart T Hatters and have a wonderful time when we get together. 14 of us had lunch a a small place in Essex called "The Daily Grind" Cafe. Quaint setting and good food makes for a good time when you are with friends. I had a soup and sandwich combo. A cup of Chicken/Broccoli/Cheese Chowder and a Turkey sandwich with cranberry vinigrette on grilled sourdough bread.
This morning I went for an hour's exercise class at the Good Neighbor Club. It was a good work-out.
Tonight (Thursday) Don and I went to Bingo at the church hall. He lasted almost to the end and then left to wait in the van. Tension headache that had started earlier , sort of got better, but came back. We did not win anything, but it was a nice evening out. Too bad about the headache, I know they hurt.
Tomorrow I hope to get in a few games of ping pong over at the Center before we go to check out our newest great-nephew. We're going to Amhurstburg to the new grandparents and then over to see the baby. A late lunch/early dinner will be in the plans. No cooking tomorrow. I made Pizza soup for lunch today. It was excellent. Dinner was chicken done in the oven with Cream of Chicken soup, celery seed, garlic and some fresh parsley. I did fresh green beans with lemon juice and butter, and to top it off.. Chicken Rice a Roni. **I just didn't feel like doing real rice, or cooking potatoes.** I know it's a cop out, but it was good anyway.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Aunty Barb, still not connected at home but almost. Got the modem but my welcome pack with the PIN hasn't arrived yet. I'm hoping by Monday it will be there and then I'll be on-line on a regular basis again.

A week Sunday I hook up with Mom & Dad in Spain. I can hardly wait :>)

Anonymous said...

Retirement's tough isn't it Barb. Last night was a bit of a bust - we couldn't get seats in the theater for the musical show and were too tired to stay up for the 10:30 show - old age creepin' up.
Athens was awesome yesterday, and today we dock in Mykonos but don't have a tour booked for here. Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods....Marg